This week in Hopeful Hearbreakers, we decided to do a weekly event to introduce authors to the members of our book club. It's called Talk To Me Thursday, where the author goes live and answers questions about their work. Monae Nicole was first up on the roster. She was super friendly and extremely down to earth. See what she had to say and be sure to check out some of her work.
1. Are you a full-time or part-time author? How does that affect your writing?
I’m a part time author and it does affect my writing sometimes because I don’t always have time to write when I want to.
2. What kind(s) of writing do you do?
I write mainly women’s fiction with a dash of romance. Trying to do more romance though.
3. What’s the biggest thing that people think they know about your genre that isn’t so?
That a lot of these stories aren’t people’s realities and a lot of them really are.
4. Is there anything about the writing life you think is misunderstood by the public?
I think people believe writing is easy and it’s not at all.
5. How many books have you written?
I’ve written 5 books so far. 4 published and one coming April 4th.
6. If someone is brand new to your work, what book do you think they should start with?
I would recommend Our Love Rekindled.
7. What’s the title of your most recent book?
8. How did you come up with the title of the book?
It’s correlated with the story line.
9. What’s the back of the book summary?
Meadow Lane decided to set herself free. Getting her heart regularly torn to shreds by the man she thought she’d love forever was no longer going to cut it. She’s determined to live and let go of love. But when a friend invites her on a cruise, she finds a new meaning to living and letting go. Elijah was dedicated to giving his fiancée the world, or as much of it that they could behold. However, her actions have made it clear – his best isn’t good enough. After facing his lover’s indiscretions, Elijah is forced to set sails without her. When he lays eyes on a woman he can’t turn away from, the more distant his pain seems. A chance meeting in the middle of the ocean brings these two together, sparking instinctive passion. Has misery found its company or is destiny finally having its way?
10. Tell us about the main characters.
The main characters are Meadow and Elijah. Meadow is a girl who decides to try and enjoy life after being hurt by her boyfriend. Elijah is a hard worker, provider and protector who wasn’t being appreciated by his fiancé.