This Thursday and every Thursday Hopeful Heartbreakers hosts Talk To Me Thursday and our featured author was Tay Mo'nae. In her live discussion she answered my questions, and a few of the readers questions so we could get to know her and her work a little better. Scroll down and see what she had to say. Don’t forget to check out her work and leave a review!
1. Are you a full-time or part-time author? How does that affect your writing?
Full time. I had to learn to discipline myself with all the free time and set a writing schedule that fits.
2. What kind(s) of writing do you do?
I write urban romance, urban fiction, & contemporary romance.
3.What's the biggest thing that people think they know about your genre that isn't so?
That all urban books have to involve the streets or drug dealers. I believe Urban is the tone and environment.
4. Is there anything about the writing life you think is misunderstood by the public?
Sometimes I think that people don’t realize how mental writing is. Also I believe that just because you don’t agree with how the story is written doesn’t make it a bad book.
5. How many books have you written?
49 (50th in progress)
6. If someone is brand new to your work, what book do you think they should start with?
Urban - Turned a Good Girl Savage.
Romance - When Love Becomes a Need or D.N.D
7. What's the title of your most recent book?
D.N.D: Caught Up In His Love
8. How did you come up with the title of the book?
Honestly it was random lol. I always have my phone on DND & I felt like the characters life were disturbed when they met each other so it fit.
9. What's the back of the book summary?
An Instagram model and business owner have a one night stand & run into each other 2 years later, both carrying secrets.
10. Tell us a little about the main characters.
Luna Star is an IG model, very confident and caring. She’s outgoing and outspoken. Very loveable but doesn’t take shit from anyone.
Bash - cocky, a leader, a bit of a control freak, but also caring, strong willed and passionate. He owns his own weed dispensary.
Check out her catalog on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Tay-MoNae/e/B075FWPSDX?ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_2&qid=1594936906&sr=8-2