This Thursday and every Thursday Hopeful Heartbreakers hosts Talk To Me Thursday and our featured author was Kay Shanee. In her live discussion she answered my questions, and a few of the readers questions so we could get to know her and her work a little better. Scroll down and see what she had to say. Don’t forget to check out her work and leave a review!
1. Are you a full-time or part-time author? How does that affect your writing?
I am a part-time write. My full-time job is a high school business education teacher. I also coach teach in the spring, but I resigned last month. It does affect me writing because it can be time consuming. I try to balance but during the school year I’m not able to write as much as I want sometimes.
2. What kind(s) of writing do you do?
Black Contemporary Romance. I love Black Love.
3. What’s the biggest thing that people think they know about your genre that isn’t so?
I’m not sure. I honestly think it’s pretty straightforward.
4. Is there anything about the writing life you think is misunderstood by the public?
That all authors can just whip up a book in a couple of days. Although some can, I’m not one of them. I’ve learned that my process of writing is just that, my process. I need time.
5. How many books have you written?
My 17th book releases on Sunday, July 5th. One of my books is a children’s book that I co-wrote with my son.
6. If someone is brand new to your work, what book do you think they should start with?
I always recommend my very first book, Love Hate and Everything in Between. Although I feel that I’ve improved as a writer, it’s a collection of short stories and you can get a feel for the way I write and the stories I tell.
7. What’s the title of your most recent book?
Heal My Heart
8. How did you come up with the title of the book?
I feel that coming up with titles and synopses are harder than writing the book sometimes. This book went through a few title changes but at the end of the day, the main female character needed her heart to be healed.
9. What’s the back of the book summary?
It’s the 3rd book in the spin-off series about 3 brothers that find love with 2 sisters and a best friend.
10. Tell us about the main characters.
The youngest Ross brother, Kamden, is in love with Jaelynn, the younger sister of his sister-in-law. When they met, Jaelynn was in no shape for a relationship because she has some things she needs to deal with. Kamden has extreme patience with her as they both watch their siblings fall in love. Y’all gotta read it to see what happens.
Here's the link to her Amazon store: https://amzn.to/3eUeuwP