This Thursday and every Thursday Hopeful Heartbreakers hosts Talk To Me Thursday and our featured author was Bree Wright. In her live discussion she answered my questions, and a few of the readers questions so we could get to know her and her work a little better. Scroll down and see what she had to say. Don’t forget to check out her work and leave a review!
1. Are you a full-time or part-time author? How does that affect your writing?
I am a part-time author. I work a full-time job from 7-3 Monday-Friday. So usually I write after work. Majority of my writing is done on the weekend.
2. What kind(s) of writing do you do?
I write urban romance.
3. What’s the biggest thing that people think they know about your genre that isn’t so?
I think the biggest thing that people think they know about urban romance is that there is just one style of romance but there are different areas that you can romance. There is mystery, paranormal, suspense, horror, comedy, and drama but it can still have that romance.
4. Is there anything about the writing life you think is misunderstood by the public?
I think that people think it is easy to start writing but when you are an author you really want to make your craft better and make sure your storyline is captivating. So you do things like outlining, building characters, editing, proofreading and the constant deleting and editing. Than you want readers to enjoy your craft, so than comes in promos. So overall a lot goes into being an author.
5. How many books have you written?
So far, I have written four books. My fourth book dropped May 27th.