This month, I decided not to do typical review on the book I selected to read by our featured author, Brookelyn Mosley. One reason being, Qiana already did. Below is the link where you can read an in-depth review on what Girl Code is about. So, instead I decided to give y'all six Girl Codes you should never break. The first three codes are codes, Melodee Delon, broke down in the book. The last three I added just because.
• Don’t let a guy get between you and your friend. No matter what the situation might be. Boys aren’t ever worth losing a friendship. “Sisters before misters” is a saying for a reason! I was NOT rooting for Melodee and Amir. He belonged to her bestie, Sheena first.
• Don’t share secrets. Even if they may seem small or insignificant. Don’t share your girlfriend’s business! Melodee telling Amir that Sheena couldn't have kids with her husband because of the abortion Amir pressured her to get weakened her cervix tissue was a complete no-no!
• Ex’s, siblings and close friends are off limits unless you get permission. This is a well-known rule, yet girls still break it all the time. If you wouldn’t want your girlfriend to do something to you, then don’t do it to them. Listen, I know Amir and Melodee were friends before Melodee hooked him up with Sheena, but my family knows the rules.... If I'm done with him, so are they.
• Don’t hate on girls you don’t know. There’s nothing more annoying than hearing something some girl said about you. It’s extra annoying when you’ve never talked to this person before. Don’t be that girl!
• Be honest when your girlfriend asks how she looks. This one took me a while to learn. If your friend asks for your opinion on something, whether that be her hair, makeup or outfit, BE HONEST! If she looks like a can of busted biscuits, it's ok to tell her she needs to go a size up.
• If we come together, we leave together. Follow this rule! It is so imperative. Never take your eyes off each other, go to the restrooms together and watch each other's cups.