Alexandria House has quickly become one of my favorite authors. Someone recommended that I read Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers Book 1), and the rest was history. I quickly read her entire catalog. I must say, I have not read a book by her that I didn't like. So it was only right that interview her. I want EVERYONE to know this chick is a bomb storyteller! So come in, kick your feet up and get to know her and if you haven't already, read her books.
1. What inspired you to start writing?
Other than poverty? Lol. Well, I’ve always been a good writer and a natural storyteller, so I thought I’d give it a try. Never in a million years did I think I’d have a writing career of this caliber. It is truly mind boggling.
2. What comes first, the plot or the characters?
Definitely the characters. It’s the characters, their personalities, wants, needs, and goals that drive the plot for my stories.
3. What is the most difficult part about writing for you?
Not getting distracted by any and everything. I have a mild case of ADD, so I really have to buckle down and make myself write sometimes, but once the story starts flowing, I have to make myself take breaks.
4. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
20, I think, if you count the shorts. My favorite? Really? Woooow. Lol, I’m going to say Let Me Love You, because that book changed my whole life…and my tax bracket. Hallelujah!
5. Do you have a favorite character that you’ve written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?
Neil McClain. Writing his book helped me discover things about myself and my life on a deeper level.
6. Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers?
Yes, I’m currently working on my next Audible Original. For those who’ve read Teach Me, this is Sharla’s journey to love. I’m excited about it!
7. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
Sleep, travel, watch movies (especially bad ones), and read or listen to audiobooks. I’m an audiobook fanatic!
8. What’s your favorite food?
Curry shrimp and grits.
9. What is the best part of your day?
Bedtime. I reeeeeally like sleeping, lol.
10. Where can readers find out more about you and your books?
My website is: www.msalexhouse.com
All of my books can be found at: https://www.amazon.com/Alexandria-House/e/B01MQSE767/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1