This Thursday and every Thursday Hopeful Heartbreakers hosts Talk To Me Thursday and our featured author was Parker Jones. In her live discussion she answered my questions, and a few of the readers questions so we could get to know her and her work a little better. Scroll down and see what she had to say. Don’t forget to check out her work and leave a review!
1. Are you a full-time or part-time author? How does that affect your writing? I’m a full time author. Having a full time job and being an author can be challenging. My career is very stressful, and writing has become an outlet for me.
2. What kind(s) of writing do you do?
I write contemporary romance.
3. What’s the biggest thing that people think they know about your genre that isn’t so?
People often think that contemporary romance is slow. What some may call slow I call development. With romance the characters have to develop so the story can come together.
4. Is there anything about the writing life you think is misunderstood by the public?
Absolutely! Coming from a reader turned author I can say I didn’t know all of the components involved in the process. As a reader you think the ideas just jump onto paper. But as an author you find out the research, outlining, proof reading and marketing go into the overall process. I have learned so much.
5. How many books have you written?
I have written one book to date. I started my writing journey in February.
6. How did you come up with the title of the book?
The book title really came from the book itself. Friends & Lovers summarized the book perfectly. When I started writing I told myself I wanted to tell parts of past relationship in the book. So certain details are things I have experienced. It has been fun hearing feedback from my family and friends while they guess truth from fiction.
7. What’s the back of the book summary?
Madison and Liam are lifelong friends that grew up in Queens, NY. Liam knew as a junior in high school that Madison was no longer just the girl next door. Now, as two successful adults, they will need to decide if they will pursue their love or keep their friendship platonic. With the help of the people closest to them, Madison and Liam are encouraged to pursue the feelings they have expressed for each other since their teenaged years. Will Liam finally be able to convince Madison that their love is the realest, or will Madison continue her search for something that has been right in front of her all along?
8. Tell us about the main characters.
The female lead Madison Templeton is boss. She is the owner of a real estate company. She is a woman who is family oriented and a hopeless romantic. Her sisters and her best friend Nicole help her balance her career/love life. The male lead Liam Brooks is a man’s man. He’s the open doors for his woman type and is very big on family. He is a staple in the community as a police office. Liam is also big on charity work and helping the community he grew up in progress.