1. How did publishing your first book change your process of writing?
I wouldn't say it changed my process but I would say I became a little more conscious of what I write. I write the types of books that I would like to read. I try to give my books a good balance of what I want and what others may like.
2. What one thing would you give up to become a better writer?
Work, lol. The hours a day that I spend working could be spent on mastering my craft.
3. How long on average does it take you to write a book?
I would say 2-3 months. It depends on how deep into the story I want to go, but it also depends on my schedule.
4. What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
Getting their mannerisms and attitudes accurate. Also, portraying their emotional sides. If you're not careful you could have the hero sounding more like the heroine.
5. Where can readers find out more about you and your work?
My mailing list is the first to get new releases, cover reveals, giveaways and anything else I got going on. https://bit.ly/MONAESMAILINGLIST
My Facebook group: https://bit.ly/MonaesMob
My Amazon page: https://bit.ly/MNAuthor
Facebook like page: Author Monae Nicole